In the heart of London in 1744, an exceptional auction house was born, built on a revered tradition of uniting collectors with world-class works of art and marketing the world’s most cherished possessions, resulting in many world record purchases. Sotheby’s still provides authentic knowledge comparable to none, founded on the same commitment to exceptional service the Sotheby’s International Realty brand was created in 1976 and has become known around the world for distinctive properties it represents.
Sotheby’s International Realty network is designed to connect the finest independent real estate companies to the most prestigious properties in the world. With over 700 offices, in 52 countries and territories worldwide; affiliated brokers and sales professionals handled 24 percent more transaction in 2013 than 2012 – nearly three times better than the 9.2 percent gain in home sales sides reported for the overall market by the National Association of Realtors.
Pat Marquis, CEO of Aspen4Sale is one of Aspen Snowmass Sotheby’s International Realty’s top agents in the Aspen-Snowmass area. Pat has been helping clients find the perfect fit for their real estate needs for over 30 years. In addition to her extensive experience in the industry, Pat is also a Master Certified Negotiation Expert and Certified International Property Specialist. She has developed, assembled, brokered, operated, and renovated many commercial, residential, multi-family residential, and hotel properties and is able to assist you in finding a property anywhere in the world.
Pat offers keen insight regarding Aspen real estate market with the facts that back it up. She knows what it takes to properly analyze the market; finding the best property for you, negotiating the best price and managing the contract through a smooth closing. You will also appreciate her expertise in positioning, pricing, staging, and marketing your current property for an effective sale.
Aspen4Sale specializes in real estate and marketing. Pat understands the vital role marketing plays in the sale of any property. Just as there is a shoe for every foot, there is a buyer for every property. Aspen4Sale realizes that your buyer may not be local, as most homes bought in Aspen are usually 2nd or 3rd residences and the best way to target buyers for your home must be presented on a global level. It’s our job to make sure that these buyers are targeted to your property, ensuring your property gets the necessary exposure, targeted to a defined key audience; with daily analytics to make sure no lead goes unchecked on the international playing field.
With Pat, you’ll benefit from her perspective, attention to detail, resources and insight into current opportunities in the real estate market. She is 100% dedicated, ethical, hard working and experienced in all aspects of the real estate business. Coupled with the exceptional global marketing power of Aspen Snowmass Sotheby’s International Realty, you will maximize your success when working with this top-producing broker.
Numerous ultra-high net-worth (UHNW) individuals have utilized real estate as an investment vehicle to increase their wealth, but these properties continue to have a primary purpose: first and foremost, they serve as residences.
Besides the obvious need to own a property in one’s primary business location, the time spent in other locations, whether for leisure or business purposes, may make the ownership of a secondary residence a practical and financially responsible course of action.
UHNW individuals’ personal and professional considerations, in that order, tend to drive the demand for residential real estate. Residential real estate, while it is known as a long-term safe investment, is almost always purchased because of a specific connection between a UHNW individual and a particular place. For example, many Asian UHNW individuals who buy property in the top real estate markets for investment purposes are either choosing these markets because they are building up their business activities in the region or, increasingly, because their children are going to study abroad. Some of the main cities where UHNW individuals buy residential real estate outside of their home cities are located close to elite universities, financial hubs or often both. “Lifestyle is one of the key motivating factors in the purchase of a luxury home, “ said Wendy Purvey, chief marketing office, Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC. “Consumers want homes that will meet their unique needs, whether it be a waterfront property, ski in/out access or a vineyard.”
Read more information like this in our Global Luxury Lifestyle Repost with Wealth-X
Article provided by Lindsey Scharf for Sotheby’s International Realty®
Aspen is one of the most exclusive places in the United States. When buying a home in Aspen, it’s not just any home, in any city. Aspen is small town living, with an elevated culture and a lifestyle that is second to none. Aspen real estate market is fast; with low inventory and high demand, it’s no surprise why the elite are obsessed with Aspen. Here are just a few reasons why Aspen makes the perfect location for your next home.
1. In 2014 Aspen had the 2nd highest home sale price increase of 16%, second only to New York City with an 18.8% increase according to Knight Frank’s Prime International Residential Index. The 2015 (April 15- Jul 15) medium sale price for a Aspen home was $1.2 million and home appreciation has increased 10% since 2013 according to Trulia stats. Making Aspen one of the most exclusive safe havens for your real estate investment.
2. Great Schools!!! Aspen High School is ranked as the #1 in Colorado and 59th in the Nation according to US News & World Report. Aspen High has fewer than 600 high school students with 39 teachers, and the average class size of 15; it has the feeling of a private school. Teachers, staff and coaches are active members of the community providing a variety of sports and clubs to choose from. Students even have access to their own chair lift to Aspen Highlands during the ski season.
3. Aspen is Green! As of today the city’s electric system uses over 75% renewable energy; 51% from Hydroelectric, 27% from Wind and Solar has reduced the carbon footprint by an estimated 9,215,000 lbs.
4. A progressive local economy, plus stable summer and winter tourism, makes vacation rental a viable option. Business just keeps getting better for retail shops; Aspen is experiencing the busiest summer ever according to the most recent Aspen Times article. Aspen’s 4.5% unemployment rate is 2% lower than the national average, and 6% in business growth soars Aspen’s economy as high as the mountaintops.
5. NATURE!! Over 110,000 acres dedicated to open space in and around Aspen, finding breathtaking vistas just a blink away. In 2001 Aspen voters approved funding for the acquisition of open space. Pitkin County Open Space is dedicated to preserving, protecting, and enhancing Aspen’s natural surrounds including wetlands, shrub lands, and forested areas.
As with most transplants to Aspen, we came for the winter and stayed for the summer.